(Software |Cocoa|Touch| Engineer)
Experienced in developing network-backed, data-driven, and responsive Mac OS X and iOS apps across different industries and customer bases.
...amongst other things...
Conversationally fluent in French.
- Working under the Special Projects team in a full-stack capacity
- Maintaining and extending legacy OS X apps and frameworks
- Jointly designed and architected new OS X apps and frameworks, written in Swift
- Maintaining and extending a legacy Java web application
- Code reviewed Objective-C and Swift code
- Lead and coordinated development of a rewrite of the flagship iOS app
- Maintained currently shipped iOS and Mac apps, adding security improvements and new features
- Contributed to next generation of iOS and Mac products, as well as to a single unified "Foundation" framework for shared code between iOS and Mac clients
- Participated in a deep-dive exploration of AVFoundation framework for streaming video playback on iOS7 and OS X 10.9 and the feasibility of proprietary playback protection
- Experience with DRM, video streaming, video playback, file encryption, and distributed build systems.
- Developed for native iOS, native Mac OS X, PhoneGap, and back-end server
- Often served cross-platform on a single project (mostly Mac/iOS and Node.js)
- Worked closely with other developers, UX/UI designers, QA engineers, tech leads, clients, and client development teams using "agile" methodologies
- Developed software for several different industries, requiring picking up new technologies, standards, and requirements quickly
- Led several development teams
- Implemented a variety of public websites and web apps for customers across a broad base of industries
- Handled requirements gathering, task generation, time estimating, management of the development process, testing, and delivery
- (Begrudgingly) Served as the in-house IT expert, managing the internal network and company computers
- Instituted and maintained an in-house Windows and later Linux development server
- Managed client hosting accounts and email-forwarding
- Attended client meetings and provided customer support.
- Trained and qualified as a railroad brakeman, responsible for boarding and detraining passengers, delivering safety speeches, terminal brake tests to FRA standards, protecting rearwards movements, and flagging crossings
- Trained as a railroad conductor, responsible for the safe movement of trains, coordinating the schedule, narrating to passengers, and overseeing other crew members
- Trained and qualified as a locomotive engineer, responsible for controlling the locomotive on revenue passenger trains and work trains as well as training other crew members on the safe operation and maintenance of diesel locomotives.
Available upon request.